miércoles, 30 de abril de 2008

There where everything happened


I spent a few days back home with family and friends. It was time to get together back with my roots and watch what I was and what I am becoming; to appreciate all those treasures I gain and those I leave behind everytime I swap from one place to the other. The experience was awesome. It had been 6 months on a row on Ireland but 4 days in England, enough time in a different environment to have a new myself born within me. Its a new person who doesn't at all steal or overlap my old self, but a complete new set of culture and knowledge aside as a brother. It was like being there the very right morning after I left last October, but with a parallel Irish soul attached to me on my awakening.

It was amazing to get together with all that I left behind. Not only for the great land and culture over there, the one that I can call my own; but especially because of the people I had left there and was there again with open arms to have me back. Wherever we go through changes us, but we also change our environment with our existence; so when we are gone we also leave a blank gap there on the position we built for ourselves. I had a wonderful time there with my old fellows, laughing at the old jokes, enjoying our old habits and sharing all happened on the last months in our own particular way. I fitted on my old place perfectly and comfortably, really fond and grateful to be there again. It was also hard to leave it again back behind, but I also have a responsibility towards my Irish self and position. As a souvenir I enclose here a particular dish which had its events and a lovely town I happened to fly over while coming back to Dublin. Sorry for the bad quality, the plane's window wasn't that clear.

PS: For those to whom I got 1500km nearer but yet didn't go for the 20km still left in between I apologize, I didn't have the time to meet you all in proper conditions and I didn't want to make my trip an hectic wandering around.

No hay comentarios: